Megasupplier Magna International Inc. is searching for property in North America for a location to assemble niche vehicles, much like it does at its Steyr-Daimler-Puch plant in Graz, Austria, a Magna executive tells Ward's. Magna acquired Steyr in 1998, and the deal instantly gave Magna the ability to design, engineer and assemble full vehicles. The Steyr plant in Graz assembles Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mercedes-Benz G-van, M-Class sport/utility vehicle and E-Class 4Matic. Steyr has 1,200 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Seeks Vehicle Assembly Site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.