GRAZ, Austria – Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG will produce the body for the Mercedes-Benz SLS super sports car, the newspaper Kleine Zeitung reports. The aluminium spaceframe bodies are to be manufactured at the Magna Heavy Stamping plant in Gleisdorf, Austria, and painted at Magna Steyr’s nearby plant in Graz, the newspaper says, quoting sources at Daimler AG close to the deal. Vehicle bodies will be produced beginning this fall and shipped to Daimler’s Sindelfingen, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Steyr to Produce Bodies for Mercedes SLS Supercar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.