MONTREAL – Magna Steyr Group has been named overall systems provider for the upcoming hydrogen-powered BMW 745h sedan, due out before 2008, thanks to the supplier’s success in developing the first liquid hydrogen storage tank system for automotive applications (see related story: Hydrogen Powered 7-Series to Hit Market By ’08). BMW originally awarded the contract to Linde AG, the German engineering firm now overseen by Wolfgang Reitzle, former chief of Ford Motor Co.’s Premier Automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Steyr Wins Contract for BMW Hydrogen-Powered Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.