VIENNA – Magna International Inc. says it will produce transfer cases for General Motors Corp. fullsize pickups and SUVs at two new U.S. plants that will come on stream by ’07. Magna will supply transfer cases for next-generation GM fullsize pickups. Magna details the new contract here at the same time it announces the creation of Magna Drivetrain, the seventh operation group within Magna International. It consists of the former Powertrain division of Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Wins GM Pickup Contract; Plans Two U.S. Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.