Fiat Auto SpA and its Magneti Marelli SpA parts subsidiary are trying to regain lost ground in Europe's diesel direct-injection market with a new system and a new partner. Magneti Marelli signed an agreement Oct. 26 with Siemens VDO Automotive to develop a new fuel-injection system aimed at production in 2007 that will increase fuel pressure and reduce noise for smaller diesel engines. More than a decade ago when Fiat engineers invented common-rail direct injection for diesels, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magneti Marelli, Siemens VDO Team Up on DI Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.