Mii Technologies LLC announces that its new soft magnetic materials are a viable alternative to piezoelectrics technology in automotive actuators and fuel injection systems. The new materials are composed of micron-sized iron particles encapsulated in an inorganic coating. Mii's Director of Materials Technology, David Lashmore, says that the encapsulation of the magnetic materials sufficiently suppresses eddy current losses to aid performance values. The technology enables rise-and-fall ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magnetic materials replace piezoelectrics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.