PARIS – Magyar Suzuki Rt., the Esztergom, Hungary-based car plant owned 97.3% by Suzuki Motor Corp., will phase out production of the Suzuki WagonR+ microvan in conjunction with the launch of the new Suzuki Swift. “Due to the (limited) production capacity, we decided priority No.1 is the new Swift, then second the Ignis,” says Noriyoshi Machino, Magyar Suzuki’s board member responsible for engineering and production. “So therefore the WagonR+ will be phased out in December,” Suzuki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magyar Suzuki to End WagonR+ Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.