MUMBAI – Officially no one is commenting about local news reports Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. is looking to abandon plans to build a new $1 billion joint-venture assembly plant with Renault SA/Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. And few appear to believe a more quiet explanation from a Mahindra spokesman claiming detailed studies on the feasibility of the JV plant show a lack of synergy between Mahindra and Renault-Nissan’s vehicle platforms, parts and strategies. Reports surfaced in the last few ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mahindra-Renault Deal Said on Shaky Ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.