Malaysian distributor DRB-Hicom Bhd wants to acquire shares in Proton Holdings Bhd because the companies have inter-related businesses, published reports say. In reply to an inquiry from the Malaysian stock exchange, DRB-Hicom confirms it is proposing to buy a stake in Proton and promises to make a timely announcement should there be any significant development. Other companies reportedly interested in Proton are the Mofaz group and Naza group. DRB-Hicom is one of the prime movers in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysiaâ€™s DRB-Hicom Wants Proton Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.