Malaysian new-vehicle sales in January plummeted 17.5% to 37,801 units, from prior-yearâs 45,811. New-car sales fell 18.8% to 34,323 units, from 42,267 in like-2008, while commercial-vehicle deliveries slid 1.9% to 3,478, from year-agoâs 3,544, the Malaysian Automobile Assn. says in a statement. February sales are not expected to fare much better, as the market continues to be depressed. The launch of several new models in January, before the Chinese New Year, cushioned the full impact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia Sales, Output Falter in Yearâs First Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.