Malaysian sales of passenger cars for the year’s first half fell 11.7% to 161,265 units, while overall industry volume dipped 9% to 199,438 vehicles. Although demand is expected to rise in the second half, total car sales for 2003 will fall about 5% to 342,000 units from 359,934 in like-2002. Overall vehicle sales are expected to decline to 420,000 units from year-ago’s 434,954, says the Malaysian Automotive Assn. Honda’s Malaysian car sales shot up 121% in year’s first half. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia Sees First-Half Car Sales Fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.