PSA Peugeot Citroen says it plans to make Malaysia its regional car-production hub for exports to Southeast Asia, Australia and South Africa. Peugeot Malaysia Manager Vincent Comyn says the decision comes after PSA earlier this year signed an assembly-and-sales deal with the Naza Group to build 70,000 vehicles at its Gurun plant in northern Malaysia. They will be shipped to markets in the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) trade bloc. “Here we have a good ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia to Serve as Car Production Hub for PSA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.