Senior Volkswagen AG officials plan to meet with Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to discuss VW’s proposals for Proton Holdings Bhd, one of two national car companies. The Edge newspaper reports an intervention by Abdullah has kept alive the negotiations between the two auto makers. It says talks between VW and the government’s investment arm, Khazanah Nasional Bhd, had broken down irretrievably over what it calls significant differences of opinion. However, another ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian Premier to Meet With VW Officials Over Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.