Malaysia’s new-vehicle sales fell 3.8% year-on-year in July to 38,248 units, says the Malaysian Automotive Assn. However, July represented a 14.8% increase over June sales. New-car sales for the month declined 9% year-on-year to 29,809 units, while commercial-vehicle sales rose 20.6% to 8,439 units. Sales of domestic vehicles took the brunt of the pain, down 18% to 24,547 units, while import deliveries jumped 46% to 26,432 units. The association forecasts full-year sales will be down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian Sales Slide Continues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.