Malaysia’s motor vehicle sales outpace those in other major markets in the Assn. of Southeast Asian (ASEAN) regions for 2001, says the Malaysian Automotive Assn. (MMA). Sales in Malaysia were up 16% to 396,381 last year, from 2000’s total of 343,173. Thailand’s sales grew 13% while Indonesia’s were flat and the Philippines shrunk 9%, year-on-year. In Malaysia, passenger car sales came to 327,447 units, representing 83% of the total vehicle market. National cars led the surge, accounting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian Sales Surge in 2001" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.