KUALA LUMPUR — Foreign automakers are playing a waiting game in Malaysia and no one has a clue how long the wait will be. Their current position is unenviable. Twenty-one different brands assembled here from CKD (complete-knock-down) kits are in a free-for-all fight for around 17% of the automotive market, while two national car companies hold the balance. Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional (Proton) and Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn. Bhd (Perodua) cars already had a significant price ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia's tepid market tests automakers' patience" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.