BURLINGTON, VT – General Motors Corp. is taking dead aim at the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord with its all-new ’04 Chevrolet Malibu midsize sedan, which should be in most dealer showrooms by Oct. 1. The auto maker ultimately hopes to sell 200,000 cars annually, with a mix likely to be 50% the mid-level LS model, followed by the base at 30% and the LT at 20%. In keeping with its goal, the new Malibu has crisp, distinctive lines that give it European styling while retaining the timeless, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malibu Targeted at Camry, Accord Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.