Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. makes it official, confirming the next-generation Montero Sport sport/utility vehicle (SUV) will be produced in the Normal, IL, assembly plant beginning in 2003 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 20, '99, p.5). The move to Normal, MMSA says, is the first phase of “Project America,” a $1 billion program to plan, design, engineer and build core products in the U.S. With the sourcing switch, the '04 Montero Sport will move to a new car platform, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.