Mazda Adds I-4 Assembly in Japan Mazda Motor Corp. opens a new plant in Hiroshima, Japan, to build an I-4 engine in three sizes: 1.8L, 2L and 2.3L. Annual capacity will be 425,000 units with production to begin in March. CAMI Automotive Inc. Ingersoll, Ont., assembly plant ratifies a new 3-year agreement, which tracks the General Motors Corp. pattern established in 1999 contract talks. Some 1,500 members of Canadian Auto Workers Local 88 agree to annual wage increases, and improved ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.