General Motors Corp. avoids a labor walkout at its Moraine, OH, midsize sport/utility vehicle plant by reaching a tentative agreement with the International Union of Electrical workers Local 798 last Tuesday (May 2), one day prior to the union's strike deadline. The facility's 4,000 union members, who voted down a tentative contract reached in November, are scheduled to cast ballots on the proposed deal Tuesday (May 9) and Wednesday (May 10). Details weren't available, but IUE Local 798 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.