Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is not ready for overtime shifts at its Smyrna, TN, plant, but the lines have returned to full speed. They were reduced earlier this year due to softening demand. The plant produces the Altima sedan, Xterra sport/utility vehicle (SUV) and Frontier pickup. The automaker says it will speed up production when it starts building the new-generation Altima in early August for a mid-September debut. Nissan plans to build 200,000 Altimas annually, compared to its current ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.