Ford Motor Co.'s Chicago Taurus/Sable assembly plant was shut down for several hours last Wednesday (Oct. 18) by members of the Screen Actors Guild angry that the automaker is using non-union actors for its commercials during a five-month strike against advertisers. The facility reportedly was shuttered for half the day and night shifts. DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Conner Avenue assembly plant in Detroit will begin '01 Viper output Oct. 30. The facility stopped making '00 Vipers last Tuesday ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.