UAW Voted Down in Smyrna What appeared to be a legitimate chance to organize workers at Nissan Motor Mfg. Corp.’s Smyrna, TN, assembly plant crumbles into another humiliating defeat for the United Auto Workers union after hourly workers reject unionization by more than a 2:1 margin. Some 3,103 of 4,589 eligible workers cast ballots Oct. 3 under the watchful eye of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). UAW leaders blame the loss on company intimidation of workers, even alleging the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.