General Motors Corp. confirms it will build the Chevy SSR roadster/pickup at its Lansing, MI, Craft Centre beginning in 2002 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 4, p.1, '00). ASC Inc., which is providing engineering assistance, also may oversee output. GM's Adam Opel AG unit will spend $1.08 billion next year on its operations, including a new plant in Ruesselsheim, Germany, where production should be launched beginning in 2002, and Kaiserslautern, Germany, where the new Ecotec motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.