Ford Motor Co. will idle its St. Thomas and Oakville, Ont., assembly plants this week in order to divert a supply of computer modules to unfinished vehicles on plant and dealer lots. The shutdowns follow the short shifting of production last week at those plants. With last week's reduced output and the shutdowns this week, Ford expects to lose production of about 6,400 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis fullsize cars at St. Thomas and 7,600 Windstar minivans at Oakville. Ford says there are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.