ArvinMeritor Inc. completes an 89,000-sq.-ft. expansion at its San Luis Potosi, Mexico, steel wheel factory, increasing annual output to 6 million units from 4 million. With the additional space, the 194,000-sq.-ft. plant will be able to build larger, heavier and full-face wheels in addition to stepping up output for the VW Cabrio, PT Cruiser. Dodge Ram and Caravan, Chevy Impala and other vehicles. The workforce, which is growing from 95 to as much as 500, makes 25 different types of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.