Ford Motor Co.'s Avon Lake, OH, facility will idle 500 workers beginning March 26 as it cuts second shift production to reduce inventories of Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest minivans, the automaker says. Avon Lake employs 2,500 workers. Ford's Michigan Truck plant in Wayne and its Chicago Taurus/Sable factory are closed this week (Feb. 19-23), also for inventory control. Fiat SpA's Teksid Inc. castings unit will spend $41 million to build a second plant in Sylacauga, AL, to make engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.