General Motors Corp.'s Orion, MI, large car assembly plant will lay off about 1,000 employees, or one-third of its workforce, as early as May 1 due to slow sales of the Buick LeSabre/Park Avenue, Oldsmobile Aurora and Pontiac Bonneville. The 25% reduction in output affects 970 hourly workers and 130 skilled trades personnel, who will be put on indefinite layoff, possibly never to return to the plant. GM will try to place workers at other facilities. No product is assigned to Orion past ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642