Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will join a growing list of foreign-based automakers with assembly plant operations in the Deep South. The Japan-based company isn't commenting on reports that it will build a $1 billion assembly plant on a 1,000-acre site in Canton, MS, just north of Jackson. But the Birmingham (AL) News last Thursday (Oct. 26) quoted city officials from Opelika, a town in Alabama that was competing for the new Nissan facility, who said the automaker had decided to build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642