Production is expected to begin March 1 on 300 of the fastest, most expensive production Mustangs to ever hit the road. Workers at Ford's Dearborn Assembly plant will be building the '00 Cobra R, the newest product developed by Ford's Special Vehicle Engineering team. It is expected to take four days to build the 300 muscled-up Mustangs, squeezed in on the regular Mustang line at a rate of about one every seven units. All of the modified 385-hp 5.4L V-8 engines for the Cobra R were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642