While most employees at DaimlerChrysler AG's Bramalea Assembly Plant were in Brampton, Ont., July 4 celebrating the roll-off of the 2 millionth large sedan, a handful were at work on a test program to cut waste in the development of the '04 lineup (see related story p.1). The automaker's new e-commerce division says there are billions to be saved in wasted time and cost by streamlining internal operations. The test bed is the new large car platform, says e-commerce chief Gary Dilts. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.