Ford Motor Co. misses its Oct. 1 launch date for the '01 Windstar and is forced to idle assembly plants in St. Thomas, Ont., (Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis) and Wixom, MI, (Lincoln Town Car) this week because of a shortage of replacements for a batch of defective computer modules. It is the latest fallout from a software glitch in the computer module that controls the passive restraint system (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Sept. 18, '00 p.5). Incompatibility problems between the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.