General Motors Corp. will turn over its entire global manufacturing logistics to a new joint venture with CNF Inc., a management company that operates Con-Way Transportation Services, Emery Worldwide and Menlo Logistics. The JV is aimed at cutting in half GM's global parts inventory and reducing vehicle delivery times to dealers and customers — in the case of the U.S. from 13 days on average now to just eight “as quickly as possible,” executives say. It also is targeted with reducing GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.