Brazilian-built versions of the Volkswagen Golf should begin arriving in North America sometime in May or June, a VW spokesman says. U.S. bound Golfs currently are built in Europe, but VW slowly has been transferring that production to Curitiba, Brazil, as a way to free up capacity at its Wolfsburg, Germany, plant and meet European Golf orders. Currently, just the 4-door Golf is made in Curitiba, but the GTI and 2-door Golf for North America soon will be transferred from Germany to Brazil. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.