Allison Transmissions, General Motors Corp.'s medium- and heavy-duty automatic transmission builder, will invest $206 million to expand the yet-unopened Baltimore, MD, White Marsh production plant. The investment will double the size of the facility to 800,000-sq.-ft., double the capacity to 280,000 transmissions a year and add 390 union and salary jobs. Total employment is set at 810. White Marsh is scheduled to open in January, building the 1000 Series automatic found in commercial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.