Repairs are underway this week at Ford of Canada's Windsor engine plant following a fire Feb. 26 which halted production. Sparks from a contractor's saw ignited dust particles in an air duct. A preliminary probe by fire officials estimates damage at C$50,000. Full production resumed Tuesday, Feb. 27, after nearly three hours of lost engine production while firefighters battled the blaze and two shifts were cancelled to accommodate cleanup. Ten hours of crankshaft production on a parallel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.