General Motors Corp.'s important Corsa launch in Europe is meeting ramp-up targets, reports GM Europe President Michael J. Burns. “The Corsa launch is on schedule. We're up in Zaragoza (Spain) and up in Eisenach (Germany). And we're line-filling in Azambuja in Portugal this week (Oct. 9-13). We've built what we expected,” Mr. Burns says. “We've got essentially 25% of our (European) capacity in transition,” he adds. “It is the most aggressive ramp we've ever had in terms of a launch. We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manufacturing Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.