CANBERRA – Rising interest rates and fuel prices did not stop Australians from buying record numbers of vehicles in March. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says sales of 86,426 new vehicles for the month were up 0.4% on the previous record of 86,046 units set in like-2004. First-quarter sales totaled 237,000 units, 4.5% (10,280 deliveries) ahead of prior-year’s 226,700. The Australian market saw a record 955,215 sales in 2004, and the chamber is predicting the number will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"March Continues Australian Vehicle Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.