The Lexus Div. of Toyota Motor Corp. announces production of the ’06 Lexus RX 400h hybrid luxury cross/utility vehicle will start March 7. The on-sale date for the gas-electric hybrid now is set for April 15. The hybrid version of the RX 330, as well as a hybrid version of the Toyota Highlander, were slated to go on sale this fall as ’05 models. But it became apparent that the planned output at the Kyushu, Japan, plant of 3,200 units a month of the two hybrids combined, would fall short. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"March Job 1 for Lexus RX 400h Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.