Unlike the much larger automotive engine sector, the marine engine industry is marked by a large number of manufacturers competing to fill the relatively small total volume of 150,000 inboard power units. This was particularly evident at the recent London Boat Show, where a score of engine makers and marine specialists displayed their wares. In most cases, the engines are truck or heavy vehicle diesels converted for marine use. Caterpillar, Cummins, Scania and Perkins are among the leaders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Marine engines take electronics on board" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.