DETROIT â Chrysler LLCâs decision to close its California-based Pacifica design studio is the latest indicator demand for design jobs in North America is dwindling, an industry insider says. âThe market is shrinking dramatically,â says Bill Barranco, principal of Autovision Inc., an executive recruitment firm that serves automotive designers and design studios. âFord (Motor Co.âs) not hiring anybody. (General Motors Corp.) doesnât need any more people. If anything, theyâre hiring for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Market for Designers âShrinking Dramaticallyâ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.