MUMBAI ‚Äď Riding on its popularity, small-car maker Maruti Udyog Ltd. is changing its name to Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. ‚ÄúMaruti is one of the strongest corporate brand names in the country, in terms of awareness, recall, trust and customer care,‚ÄĚ the auto maker says in a statement. ‚ÄúA generation of Indians has grown up with this brand name.‚ÄĚ The name Maruti is, therefore, retained, the company says, and Suzuki is added because it is a leading player in the global market. The leader in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Changes Name as India‚Äôs Star Rises" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.