NEW DELHI — Maruti Udyog Ltd., an equal partnership between the Indian government and Suzuki Motor Corp., had all the advantages of a successful automaker — sound technology, reliable quality and consumer trust, an infrastructure of more than 1,700 outlets and workshops in 500 cities, plus first-rate financial strength, with negligible outside borrowings. It created one of the most powerful brand equities and was a highly profitable enterprise at one time. Starting three years ago, Maruti ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti drives to regain lost ground in tight market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.