MUMBAI – Maruti Udyog Ltd. is hoping the upcoming launch of the rebadged Suzuki SX4 sedan in India will give it a much-needed image makeover. “We are known (as a) small-car manufacturer," Maruti Managing Director Jagdish Khattar says. "Now we want to break away from this image. We want to become more stylish and contemporary and show we know how to evolve." The premium family sedan, which features a new 1.6L gasoline engine, was unveiled at this year's Geneva auto show. It is expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti to Launch SX4 Sedan in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.