MUMBAI – Maruti Udyog Ltd. hopes to regain lost ground in India's hotly contested small-car market with the launch this month of the long-awaited Maruti Suzuki Swift premium hatchback. Maruti, 54.2% owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp., hopes the Swift will go head-to- head with competitors such as the Hyundai Getz, Ford Fusion and Tata Indica. Analysts say the car is Maruti's most significant launch since its now-aging flagship M-800 revolutionized the market 20 years ago. Maruti ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Launches Long-Awaited Swift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.