MUMBAI - Maruti Udyog Ltd. has returned to profit following a $55 million lost last year, making a small token profit of $11 million in fiscal year ended in March. Wagon R This is a significant achievement as sales (340,000) and turnover ($19 billion) were stagnant and depreciation rose by $5 million. “The turnaround has been achieved because of our focus on three areas: customer, costs and people,” says Jadgish Khattar, Maruti’s managing director. (see related story: How ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Returns to Profitability" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.