Maruti Suzuki India looks to a new production facility to shore up its flagging fortunes. Higher costs, declining sales and falling production marked the July-September quarter. Concealed behind those figures, however, are increasing competition and erosion of the auto maker’s relationship with workers. Maruti Suzuki is negotiating the purchase of up to 1,400 acres (567 ha) for a new manufacturing complex in Gujarat in western India. The auto maker plans to invest Rs180 billion ($3.7 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Suzuki Looks to Correct India Course" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.