MUMBAI – Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. may be on the way to becoming a small-car powerhouse. The local auto maker now can produce 1 million vehicles here – 700,000 at its existing Gurgaon plant and 300,000 at the new Manesar facility. Manesar also is the site of Suzuki Powertrain India Ltd., which is owned 30% by Maruti and has annual capacity to produce 100,000 new-generation diesel engines. Plans are to boost capacity to 300,000 engines per year by 2010. In addition, a supplier park is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Suzuki Put Muscle Behind Designing, Building, Exporting Small Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.