SHANGHAI — The first locally built Volkswagen Polo is slated to come off an assembly line in Shanghai this August, published reports say. It is the third family sedan to debut recently in Shanghai, along with General Motors Corp.'s Sail and SAIC-Chery Automotive Co. Ltd.'s Chery, jointly built with the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC). SAIC is the joint venture parent company in all three family car-producing projects. Mass production of the Polo is scheduled to begin Dec. 31 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mass production of Volkswagen Polo to start in Shanghai in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.