TURIN — France's Matra Automobile may build Audi AG's small aluminum car, the AL2 at its Romorantin, France, plant. The company is close to signing an agreement to build the ultra-light commuter car first presented at the 1997 Frankfurt auto show. Matra is known for its experience with aluminum, a material Audi extensively uses on its A8 and upcoming AL2. Matra is best known for developing and producing the Renault Espace. Starting next spring, Matra also will also build the Avantime, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Matra to produce Audi AL2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.